Any applications submitted will be considered for our summer 2021 programs. Our summer 2020 programs have been postponed due to coronavirus (COVID 19).
The new program dates are June 21 to July 10, 2021. Please contact us with any questions you may have.
YOUNG ARTISTS AUDITIONS
DATES AND LOCATIONS
Auditions will occur by video or online, live auditions have been canceled.
- March 16 – Ohio, Kent State University CANCELED
Audition deadline: Deadline for initial casting consideration is Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
- Audition online or submit recordings.
- Please prepare two arias, one in English and the other in the language of your choice.
- Heggie art songs or arias can be submitted as an optional third selection.
- The accompaniment of two American arias composed in the 21st Century is required.
- *For special consideration all or portions of Jake Heggie's operatic and/or art song compositions.
- A pdf score and recording (can be midi) of one art song, aria, or opera scene that you have composed in English.
- You may submit up to three scores and recordings for consideration.
- Note: the songs, arias, or scenes submitted may, but do not have to be, the same you work on during the residency.
- Application fee: $25
- Singer and Studio Artist Tuition: $970
- Down payment due upon program acceptance and registration: $500
- Collaborative Pianists: $700
- Composers: $350
- Final payment is due May 1, 2020
Limited scholarships are available.