YOUNG ARTISTS AUDITIONS
DATES AND LOCATIONS
Auditions will occur in three forms: video, online, or live in accordance with location and availability.
- Feb 29 and March 1 – Virginia, James Madison University
- *March 3 – Ohio, Western Reserve Academy (WRA students only)
- March 16 – Ohio, Kent State University
- Other audition locations TBD
Audition deadline: Deadline for initial casting consideration is Tuesday, March 17, 2020.
- Audition Online, Live, or Submit recordings.
- Please prepare two arias, one in English and the other in the language of your choice.
- Heggie art songs or arias can be submitted as an optional third selection.
- The accompaniment of two American arias composed in the 21st Century is required.
- *For special consideration all or portions of Jake Heggie's operatic and/or art song compositions.
- A pdf score and recording (can be midi) of one art song, aria, or opera scene that you have composed in English.
- You may submit up to three scores and recordings for consideration.
- Note: the songs, arias, or scenes submitted may, but do not have to be, the same you work on during the residency.
- Application fee: $25
- Singer and Studio Artist Tuition: $970
- Down payment due upon program acceptance and registration: $500
- Collaborative Pianists: $700
- Composers: $350
- Final payment is due May 1, 2020
Limited scholarships are available.